Lexicoblog

The occasional ramblings of a freelance lexicographer

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Heavy work

Inevitably, after a number of years working from home as a lexicographer, you accumulate a fairly impressive collection of dictionaries. I have to say, I do get a certain pleasure from seeing them all lined up on the shelves in my office.

They’re not so welcome, however, when it comes to moving house! I’m just gearing up for a move and am in the process of trying to spread all those chunky tomes out amongst lighter weight possessions. Anyone who’s ever tried to move a large collection of books will know what a mistake it is to pack a whole box full which you then can’t lift off the floor! So I’m attempting to sneak a layer of dictionaries into the bottom of every box and then fill it with clothes and linen to make for more manageable loads. At least, that's the plan ...



News of my new workspace to follow in the New Year …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home