Lexicoblog

The occasional ramblings of a freelance lexicographer

Monday, March 19, 2012

IATEFL tea

I'm just getting myself packed to head up to Glasgow this afternoon for the annual IATEFL conference. It's at least my 10th time at the conference and over the years, I've developed a few strategies to make what can be a bit of a hectic week run more smoothly. As a bit of a tea addict, my top tip is to take a small flask so you can have a decent cup of tea to slurp on through the morning rather than relying on dodgy conference centre coffee!

Once again this year, I've booked an apartment for the week rather than a hotel. It's meant to have a 'kitchenette' which I'm hoping at least means a kettle for morning tea-making. And although it's a bright sunny morning here in Bristol, I'm packing plenty of warm layers, scarf, hat and gloves ... it is Glasgow after all!

I'm really looking forward to catching up with lots of people through the week, hopefully going to some interesting talks and of course, speaking myself on Thursday morning - Breaking down the AWL: selecting and grading academic vocabulary - 10.25am, room Alsh 2. See you there?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home