Lexicoblog

The occasional ramblings of a freelance lexicographer

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The joys of freelancing ... #1 Slow food

I love food and cooking, and one of the joys of working from home is that I don't have to just whip something up in half an hour when I get home in the evening. It's such a pleasure to be able to take a break mid-afternoon to get something started; to put something in to marinate or to start it bubbling away gently on the stove. Today it's been rather cold and snowy outside, so I decided something really comforting would be appropriate and I put a small lamb joint in to slow-roast with some herbs and spices (garlic, cumin and thyme). It's been in for over an hour so far and the whole house is smelling wonderful - I wish I could blog smells!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home