Lexicoblog

The occasional ramblings of a freelance lexicographer

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Working way down south

This week I'm in Mousehole, in Cornwall, right down on the bottom 'nobble', just a few miles from Lands End. We've rented a great little cottage for the week and have had some lovely days out walking along the cliff paths in the sunshine and having long pub lunches. I have, however, brought my laptop with me and I've given over a couple of days to working.


Some people have expressed sympathy that I've had to work while I'm on holiday, but I don't see it like that at all. It was a choice between this or a long weekend away and the rest of the week back at my desk. I think this option's much better! I don't worry about blurring the line between work and play, I had no trouble today doing a couple of hours work this morning followed by lunch in a pub in the sun, then a productive afternoon at my 'desk'. I'm now about to give up for the day and go out for a late afternoon wander along the harbour. Feels like a great work-life balance to me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home